District Irrigation Manager
The King Hill Irrigation District (KHID) is seeking applicants to fill the full-time position of District Irrigation Manager. KHID delivers and distributes water to over 11,500 acres of farm and residential lands in parts of Elmore and Twin Falls counties, Idaho.
The District Irrigation Manager serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors (BOD) and is responsible, with delegation to the staﬀ, for the administration, operation, and maintenance of the King Hill Irrigation District.
The Manager is required to develop and recommend to the Board; staﬀ objectives and policies; short and long-range operation and financial plans and water user relation policies; an annual work program and budget; and implement a comprehensive safety program.
The Manager shall: periodically review all activities of the district organization and initiate changes which shall carry out the objectives of the organization in the most eﬃcient manner. The Manager shall determine the need for additional positions, transfers, reassignments, or elimination of positions.
The Manager shall seek out and file applications for public funds available for maintenance and improvement of District facilities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Basic understanding of theories and practices related to water resources or irrigation management.
• Theories, practices, principles, and techniques of project, personnel and organizational management, public administration, budget control and financial management.
• Methods and techniques of public relations, customer service techniques and team building concepts.
• Understanding of budget control and financial management; principles of financial and resource management in budgeting and contract negotiations; federal, state, and local laws, standards, codes, regulations, guidelines, ordinances, policies, and procedures related to water resources.
• Ability to determine priorities and make critical decisions; complex, technical, and financial transactions; develop projects and long-range strategies; create, develop, interpret, and apply departmental policies and procedures.
• Experience supervising and evaluating staﬀ; mediating and resolving controversial problems; establishing eﬀective interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to write clearly and informatively, edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data eﬀectively and read and interpret written information.
Compensation and Benefits
The King Hill Irrigation District has established a salary for this position. Compensation includes health insurance and Life Flight membership. KHID is a member of the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
All applicants will be considered; however, preference will be given to those residing within the District or those willing to move within its boundaries. In person interviews will be held during a Special meeting of the Board of Directors. The first Special meeting will be on September 21st, 5pm in the KHID oﬃce located at 75 E 1 St, Glenns Ferry, Idaho 83623. Position is open until filled.
Applications are available at kinghillirrigation.org/employment and the KHID oﬃce. For inquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-366-2243.
We are always interested in reviewing qualified candidates. If you are interested in working with King Hill Irrigation District, please download our application, fill it out, and return it to us at email@example.com or drop it off at the office, located at 75 E. First Ave, Glenns Ferry, ID 83623.
King Hill Irrigation District is currently looking to fill two Ditchriders, full-time positions. Ditchriders manage the irrigation delivery to district water users in Hammett, Glenns Ferry, King Hill, Bliss, and Black Mesa areas. The position transitions into a maintenance position during the winter months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must reside within 30 miles of the District office.
- Submit to drug testing.
- Ability to work in and around waterways.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to keep daily records and complete reports.
- Availability seven days a week during irrigation season. (4 to 10 hours per day, April—October)
- Must have the ability to lift/push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds, be able to stand, walk, bend, and twist.
- Construction, mechanical, or irrigation experience is helpful.
- CDL license
- Either possess a chemical application license/certification or willingness to obtain one.
- Ditchriders must monitor, maintain and adjust gravity irrigation flows in canals, which includes daily inspections, seven days per week. Ditchrider communicates directly with KHID patrons for water delivery needs.
- Post-irrigation season includes ditch maintenance, which involves general construction, concrete work, steel work, pipe installation, and operation of various heavy equipment.
- This is an outdoor/all-weather position.
- Company vehicle provided for work purposes.
- Includes full medical, PERSI retirement, paid Federal holidays, sick leave, and paid vacation—rotation of time off during the irrigation season available following competent operation of the system.
- Salary based upon qualifications.
Resumes/Applications may be submitted to the secretary, Tonya Boyd via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 993, Glenns Ferry, ID 83623
- Office: 75 E First Ave, Glenns Ferry, ID 83623
Click here to download the application for KHID employment. KHID Emp App